Being trans does not mean you cannot have a UK passport unless you have had GRS, You can apply for your UK passport as long as you can provide the following:

  • A letter from your doctor or medical consultant confirming that your change of gender is likely to be permanent.
  • Evidence of your change of name, eg : a deed poll.
  • Sign your form using your new name.
  • A gender recognition certificate although this is not important as you can apply for your UK passport in your stated gender before GRS.
  • A new birth or adoption certificate showing your acquired gender. The same applies as above.

You can also find more information on the UK Gov passport site here :

Read the guidance notes about passports for transsexual and transgender people if you need help included in the document below.

Applying For A Passport
Applying For A Passport
129.4 KiB